The Brain Trust
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Introduction

Go down

Introduction Empty Introduction

Post  The Chief Fusionist Sat Nov 24, 2012 9:31 pm

There are a lot of good reasons to be prepared, whether you are fighting a Zombie Apocalypse, or just trying to survive a natural local disaster such as Katrina, Sandy or some other event. This may consist of a simple 'bug out bag' designed to protect and provide for yourself and your loved ones for a couple of days until help arrives, or long-term to permanent relocation/survival/off the grid living.

I DO NOT want this forum to turn into an information exchange of your favorite conspiracy nutcase: Alex Jones, Art Bell, George Noory, etc. Suspect I want to build teaching resources which are applicable whether you've been through Navy Seal, Army Ranger, Boy Scouts or no training whatever. I want to share/swap USEFUL links to valuable information on EVERYTHING it takes to be suddenly dropped anywhere on the globe and have basic survival skills, and preparations made IN ADVANCE. This should be 'portable' information, not everyone will have access to usable/defensible land, in some scenarios, those that have this will be over-run anyway, either by government or others. Not everyone will even have access to getting to such land, and might have to remain 'on the run' for a long time. This said, the information shared here should be 'portable' in that it can be generalized and 'pieced together' in a wide/infinite variety of circumstances, skills which build upon cumulative knowledge and adapted for all imaginable situations and conditions. study

I want it to be fairly exhaustive, so if some of our Vets (Rangers etc) know of good online sources for comprehensive survival/tactics course materials online and public please share them. Please don't think that a lifetime of knowledge and craft can be condensed down into a couple of days reading materials either. If you have the ability to PRACTICE your survival skills DO SO. If you haven't started a fire and pitched a campsite in the pouring rain at 35 degrees in fading daylight in the past 18 months, you may find yourself cold, wet and miserable and near exhaustion or worse by midnight. If you've never done it, even with the best laid plans, and all the provisions at hand, you may be dead by morning, NO BULLSHIT affraid Don't think because you did it years ago, you could do it easily at short notice, because you once possessed these skills, or you watched a few videos, or your second cousins, brother-in-laws, best friend's, uncle, was a Navy Seal, that you will survive.

I want this to be a resource for all to use, to build upon, to share information and lore, and to build upon whatever you might already have toward a better prepared person who can care for themselves and loved ones, in the short or long term. As has been shown to us over and over, society teeters on the BRINK and a disaster drives the supermarkets/gas stations out of existing provisions very quickly (2-3 days) and complete anarchy follows ... so it's NOT a matter of IF, but of WHEN
The Chief Fusionist
The Chief Fusionist
Admin

https://thebraintrust.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum