The Brain Trust
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Vote stealing

2 posters

Go down

Vote stealing Empty Vote stealing

Post  The Chief Fusionist Sat Nov 19, 2011 12:06 am

About all he could accomplish IF he chooses this option ... net loss of GOP votes = Zero second term.

' Ron Paul with Sean Hannity discussing the economy and the election. Paul talks about the lack of attention he receives, if he is not ignored altogether. Paul says he and his staff were "annoyed" by the fact that he only received 89 seconds to speak at the last Republican debate. '

The rest of the story is confusing:

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2011/11/18/ron_paul_warns_gop_not_to_capitulate_on_taxes_wont_rule_out_indy_bid.html
The Chief Fusionist
The Chief Fusionist
Admin

https://thebraintrust.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Vote stealing Empty my two cents worth

Post  anchorfish Sat Nov 19, 2011 2:38 am

.. stepping up onto the stump... ok... My two cents:

I find it interesting that Mr. Paul thinks this way. Yes he has some good ideas; a lot of people do... like myself for example. However, neither Mr. Paul nor myself could ever get the votes to win an election. Ron Paul has had a very distinguished political career. He has been in the news for years. He has sparked many debates; he has been the "go to guy" for news organizations of all kinds; he continues to draw crowds wherever he goes. And yet he can't quite get the support he believes he is "entitled" to. Why? In a nut shell he is a complainer. Like most of us, he is very frustrated with the state of our union. Mr, Paul, like many of us, can easily spot Bull Sh__ and will call it as such. However, unlike myself and most of my fellow Americans, Mr. Paul is an extremist isolationist. This goes counter to the idea of what Americans are; expansionists. we love what we have built and want to share it with the world. And, should be, willing do defend it with our lives and help those who want it, get it. This both makes our lives better, secures our freedoms at home and expands our markets and makes life better for everyone on the planet. To be selfish with what we have is to loose what we have.

Rob Paul gets exactly the kind of support that represents his philosophy. If the people of this declining nation of ours thought he had what it takes to be commander in chief, he would be getting the coverage he so achingly desired. Mr. Paul is exactly where he belongs. Generally speaking, Americans don't like complainers. Mr. Paul would be a terrible president. BHO has been the "leader of the free world".. ... . umph.. excuse me, I just threw up in my mouth.. . Where was I, oh yes, and has had about three years to prove himself a total failure at it. Mr. Paul, though far and above a more of a respectable man then BHO could ever hope to be, does not grasp nor represent the true nature of what the United States of America represents and what the free and want to be free world requires of a leader. When the USA is sick, as it is now, the entire world suffers; as it does now.

If Ron Paul or any other GOP'er put together a third party it would only validate everything I have said here. It would prove him to not be a team player. He is only a guy thats wants his own way and would be willing to let the democras continue to rule and destroy our country. We will in fact go the way of Rome... civil war and the broken remnants of what was. Nation divide can not stand. China would be glad to step in to fill the void and the world will never be the same.

.... waving hands to the cheering crowds and stepping down from the stump Smile

anchorfish

Back to top Go down

Vote stealing Empty Re: Vote stealing

Post  The Chief Fusionist Sat Nov 19, 2011 4:34 pm

Interesting thoughts Rob, and I'm all for more diversity in our political system, which is mostly in the control of two flavors of the same ideology (extremists aside). This coming election is a critical one though. A vote cast for a third (not possible to win) party is a vote cast FOR Zero! The keys to this election will be where moderates and crossovers will cast their votes. I like a lot of what Ron Paul has to say, however, he is also absolutely NUTS on some key issues --- and does NOT have the ability to unify this Republic PERIOD! We need Ronald Reagan again for that to happen!
The Chief Fusionist
The Chief Fusionist
Admin

https://thebraintrust.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Vote stealing Empty Re: Vote stealing

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down